LOCAL 693
Fire damages Ann Arbor home, displaces family of 4
Updated On: Jun 15, 2010

Fire damages Ann Arbor home, displaces family of 4

An attic fire in a home on Cranbrook Road caused no injuries but has temporarily displaced the family of four living there, The Ann Arbor Fire Department said.

The fire, believed to have been started by an exhaust fan in the bathroom, broke out about 5:45 p.m. in a home in the 2700 block of Cranbrook Road, a Fire Department press release said.

Firefighters saw smoke coming from the attic area when they arrived and discovered fire above the bathroom.

A woman, her teenage son and three dogs escaped from the home without injuries. The father and another son were not home at the time, the press release said.

Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, but smoke and water damaged other parts of the home. Damage was estimated at $20,000.

The family had to move out temporarily because of a hole in the roof, said Amy Brow, acting battalion chief.


-
Contact Info
Ann Arbor Firefighters Local 693

Ann Arbor, MI 48104
 

Top of Page image
Powered By UnionActive - Copyright © 2022. All Rights Reserved.