At least two men escaped a rental house on the 800 block of Sybil Street in Ann Arbor that sustained heavy smoke and fire damage on Saturday evening.
Around 6 p.m., Ann Arbor Fire Department firefighters responded to reports of fallen tree branches that had pulled down some electrical wires.
While in the area, they began smelling smoke and found the basement of a nearby house was on fire.
It's suspected the fire started because of wires being pulled away from the house, said Battalion Chief Robert Vogel.
There was no estimate yet of how much in damages the fire caused.