Site Map Icon
RSS Feed icon
December 13, 2019
IAFF HEADLINES
Connection Failure: This usually happens when the news feed URL is entered incorrectly.
More Headlines
Gas meter ignites Harbor Way fire
Updated On: Jun 13, 2009

Gas meter ignites Harbor Way fire

A gas meter that got knocked off the side of a building was the starting point for a fire in the 300 block of Harbor Way Friday afternoon, the Ann Arbor Fire Department said.

An investigation is still under way into what or who knocked the gas meter off.

 Advertisement

 

 

 

The meter ignited a small fire. Firefighters were able to protect the structure of the building, with only some siding melting. Firefighters waited for two hours for the gas company to turn the gas off, said Ann Arbor Battalion Chief Jim Baldwin.

Firefighters responded to the call around 2:44 p.m. and were on scene for a couple of hours, officials said. There were no injuries.

News staff reporter David Jesse compiled this report.


Ann Arbor Firefighters Local 693
Copyright © 2019, All Rights Reserved.
Powered By UnionActive™

204230 hits since Aug 07, 2004
Visit Unions-America.com!

Top of Page image